Priestley Construction are looking to hire a Contracts Manager to join their growing main contractor business, which is quickly turning into one of Yorkshire’s most established Design and Build (D&B) contractors. Having recently completed the Conditioning House project in Bradford and the Wellington Street Offices in Leeds, construction is now underway on Great George Street in Leeds.
Head of Construction Manager
Main purpose of role:
Priestley are a D&B specialist working on projects from £500K – £30million. We have an excellent track record in working on Grade I or II listed buildings, but they are also vastly experienced with JCT D&B contracts and the JCT suite of contracts.
With several new high-profile projects coming in, Priestley Construction are looking for a Contracts Manager with a proven track record in the D&B sector and experience in overseeing the construction and performance of projects across several different sectors and values.
The main responsibilities of the job will be:
- To have complete oversight of the profitability of the project: Taking steps to minimise risk, protect commercial interests, and maximise profit
- Planning and programming to ensure the timely completion of all projects, while maintaining the forecast margin for each
- To effectively manage the Client and Design Team in producing coordinated packages of information to suit the build programme and overcoming delay and disruption caused by major structural alterations and remedial works
- Health & Safety – You must ensure a safe working site environment and wholesale adherence to safety rules
- Quality – Priestley deliver a high-quality construction product. Your responsibility will be to make sure the same high standard is delivered in accordance with Priestley’s contractual obligations and reputation
- Customer satisfaction – Enhance customer and consultant experience, utilise clear lines of communication to eliminate misunderstanding, and ensure the clarity of our position
- Leadership – Lead by example, delegate responsibilities to sustain efficient working, coordinate the project team, and support individuals.
If you are a Contracts Manager or Senior PM who thinks they have the right skill set, then Priestley may be the right place for you. The projects we work on are unique and the duties of a Contracts Manager have significant influence on some of our most high-profile projects.
Our upward curve has come from hard work, spotting opportunities, and delivering a quality product: If you are looking to move away from being a small cog in a big machine and deliver exciting community shaping projects, then Priestley might be right for you.
Priestley Construction also provide excellent employment benefits:
- Onsite gym for employee use.
- Onsite parking
- 32 days’ holiday
- Loyalty reward scheme
- Career progression (Promotion from within for 90% of senior management roles).
If you would like to know more about Priestley and whether we could be right for you, click apply to arrange a chat with our exclusive recruitment partner, Cowen Resourcing.
Hear more from us
Get the inside scoop on our VIP launches, early bird offers, latest projects, company news and more.