Head of Construction & Quantity Surveyor
Main Purpose of Role:
To prepare and present to directors a tender price (net cost) based on tender enquiry documents supplied by the client. Manage and coordinate the preparation of selected tenders in parallel.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Note: The below list is not exhaustive & other duties may commensurate with the general nature of the post be required, from time to time. In addition, there may be some variations and/or development of the below duties &responsibilities without changing the general nature of the post.
- Full preparation of estimate for settlement on agreed date
- Coordination of: designs, programmes, method statements; contractors proposals, quantities etc
- Obtaining subcontractor prices and checking compliance
- Pricing of labour, plant and material elements
- Pricing of preliminaries
- Highlighting risk and where possible assess the cost
- Presentation & input to the tender settlement meetings
- Ensuring fully compliant tender submissions
- Delivery of tender by the agreed deadlines, to the specified address
- Supervision of Estimating Assistant as appropriate
- Use of computerised estimating system (Conquest) where appropriate
- Handover tender package to production team
General Obligations to the Company:
- Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with key employees and work colleagues
- Promote the best interests of the Company and conduct duties in a courteous and professional way when dealing with clients, their professional teams, industry contacts and the public
- Attend all designated induction, instruction and training sessions
- Keep aware of current relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and tidy workspace and observe all safety requirements including the wearing of PPE as required at the place of work
- Promptly report to your manager any issue which could adversely affect personnel or the Company
- Implement as requested any improvements to working procedures that will enhance the efficiency, safety or quality of the Company’s operations
All employees must ensure that they comply with all company Health & Safety rules & procedures; this includes all documented company policies.
Priestley Construction Ltd requires all employees fully co-operate with their colleagues & support the performance of their duties. This will then ensure a positive image is portrayed of Priestley Construction Ltd.