Priestley Construction are looking to hire several Estimators to join their growing main contractor business, which is are quickly turning into one of Yorkshire’s most established Design and Build (D&B) contractors. Having recently completed the Conditioning House project in Bradford and the Wellington Street Offices in Leeds, construction is now underway on Great George Street in Leeds.
Head of Construction & Quantity Surveyor
Main Purpose of Role:
Priestley are a D&B specialist working on projects from £500K – £30million. We have an excellent track record in working on Grade I or II listed buildings, but are also vastly experienced with JCT D&B and the JCT suite of contracts.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Estimator with experience working across a variety of building types. Be it listed buildings, incomplete projects, small office refurbs, or huge residential schemes, this role will be best suited to Estimators who have several years of experience and who want to work for an ambitious main contractor in Leeds.
The primary objective of the job is to take a lead role in the Estimating team, where costs and estimates are prepared for projects.
The main responsibilities of the role are outlined below:
- Compiling bids for tenders
- Calculating the cost of materials, transport, labour, and equipment hire
- Obtaining quotes for all predicted requirements from sub-contractors and suppliers
- Collating detailed price lists of everything required on each construction project
- Clarifying the client’s needs and expectations
- Reading drawings and quantifying take-offs
- Making use of relevant computer software such as Excel, Word, and in-house estimating software (Conquest)
- Assessing and adhering to all risk assessments and health and safety requirements
- Keeping up to date with inflation, exchange rates, and projected timescale costs
- Making visits to proposed construction sites
- Liaising with others, including construction managers, planners, and design teams
- Presenting bids to clients at both pre- and post-tender interviews and answering their questions
- Completing quality submissions.
Priestley Construction are focussed on finding driven professionals who want to be part of a growing group of companies and have ambitions to eventually take on overall management of Estimating.
Our upward curve has come from hard work, spotting opportunities, and delivering a quality product: If you are looking to move away from being a small cog in a big machine and deliver exciting community shaping projects, then Priestley might be right for you.
Priestley Construction also provide excellent employment benefits:
- Onsite gym for employee use.
- Onsite parking
- 32 days’ holiday
- Loyalty reward scheme
- Career progression (Promotion from within for 90% of senior management roles).
If you would like to know more about Priestley and whether we could be right for you, click apply to arrange a chat with our exclusive recruitment partner, Cowen Resourcing.
Hear more from us
Get the inside scoop on our VIP launches, early bird offers, latest projects, company news and more.