Head of Construction/Construction Manager
Main Purpose of Role:
Taking a leading role in achieving and exceeding a project’s commercial targets and whenever possible improving the company’s commercial position regarding client and subcontractor final accounts.
To develop the Quantity Surveying department from the onset and take it forward, implementing procedures and policies that will allow the department to expand.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Note: The below list is not exhaustive & other duties commensurate with the nature of the post may, from time to time, be required. In addition, there may be some variation and/or some development of the duties & responsibilities without changing the general nature of the post.
- Prepare a proposal to develop the Quantity Surveying department by means of efficiency, new policies, and procedures
- Produce forms, templates and manuals that will aid the Construction department which will be reviewed by the HOC and CEO for planned implementation across the company
- Timely and accurate assessment, monthly, of the commercial progress of individual projects. Timely submission of monthly interim valuations to maximise cash flow
- Periodic evaluation, to be agreed with Contracts Manager/Project Manager, of the commercial forecast for individual projects
- Timely and accurate evaluation of subcontractor accounts
- In conjunction with Head of Construction act to protect the Company’s contractual and legal position
- In completing subcontractor appointments, liaise with the Contracts Manager to ensure that the subcontractor has provided satisfactory evidence of:
- capability to comply with programme, quality and technical obligations – competence in terms of health and safety – tenders are within commercial budgets
- Negotiate and agree settlement of specialist contractor/supplier accounts in accordance with the Company’s best interest and contractual obligations
- Negotiate and agree settlement with Clients and Consultants of project final accounts in accordance with Company Policy
- In conjunction with the Head of Construction notify, formulate, and submit commercial claims all in accordance with our contractual duties and obligations
General Obligations to the Company:
- Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with key employees and work colleague
- Promote the best interests of the Company and conduct duties in a courteous and professional way when dealing with clients, their professional teams, industry contacts and the public
- Attend all designated induction, instruction, and training sessions
- Keep aware of current relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and tidy workspace and observe all safety requirements including the wearing of PPE as required at the place of work
- Promptly report to your manager any issue which could adversely affect personnel or the Company
- Implement as requested any improvements to working procedures that will enhance the efficiency, safety, or quality of the Company’s operations
All employees must ensure that they comply with all company Health & Safety rules & procedures; this includes all documented company policies.
Priestley Construction Ltd requires all employees fully co-operate with their colleagues & support the performance of their duties. This will then ensure a positive image is portrayed of Priestley Construction Ltd.