Priestley Construction are looking to hire several Quantity Surveyors to join their growing main contractor business, which is quickly turning into one of Yorkshire’s most established Design and Build (D&B) contractors. Having recently completed the Conditioning House project in Bradford and the Wellington Street Offices in Leeds, construction is now underway on Great George Street in Leeds.
Head of Construction/Construction Manager
Main Purpose of Role:
Priestley are a D&B specialist working on projects from £500K – £30million. We have an excellent track record in refurbishing Grade I or II listed buildings, but are also vastly experienced with JCT D&B and the JCT suite of contracts.
This is an excellent opportunity for a QS with D&B experience who wants to work on a variety of projects, from listed buildings, to small office refurbishments and huge residential schemes. It is essential that you have D&B experience and want to take on a role with significant development opportunities and the chance to work on some exciting projects.
The responsibilities of the post will best suit proven Quantity Surveyors with main contractor experience:
- Liaising with clients, contractors, the supply chain, and other stakeholders to manage projects from inception through to post-completion in line with the client’s brief
- Project & Stakeholder management – Chairing project meetings, programming and management of site works, and coordination of multiple project parties
- Project procurement – Tendering and contract documents including negotiation and risk analysis
- Budget development – Feasibility studies, value engineering, and estimating
- Experience in projects with contract values from £10,000 – £8 million
- Experience in both JCT contracts would be helpful but not essential.
Priestley Construction are focussed on finding driven professionals who want to be part of a growing group of companies and have ambitions to eventually take on overall commercial project management.
Our upward curve has come from hard work, spotting opportunities, and delivering a quality product: If you are looking to move away from being a small cog in a big machine and deliver exciting community shaping projects, then Priestley might be right for you.
Priestley Construction also provide excellent employment benefits:
- Onsite gym for employee use.
- Onsite parking
- 32 days’ holiday
- Loyalty reward scheme
- Career progression (Promotion from within for 90% of senior management roles).
If you would like to know more about Priestley and whether we could be right for you, click apply to arrange a chat with our exclusive recruitment partner, Cowen Resourcing.
Hear more from us
Get the inside scoop on our VIP launches, early bird offers, latest projects, company news and more.