Main Purpose of Role:
Reporting directly to a site manager on a main works site or contracts manager on a small works site. Responsible for general supervisory duties for site operations on a project. This will include safety, programme, quality, client liaison, control of subcontractors and direct workforce.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Note: The below list is not exhaustive & other duties commensurate with the nature of the post may, from time to time, be required. In addition, there may be some variation and/or some development of the duties & responsibilities without changing the general nature of the post.
- Support the site manager and contracts manager to successfully deliver a safe, commercially positive project that is compliant with the contract specification
- Support the site manager in fulfilling our obligations with regard to industry schemes – Considerate Constructors, BREEAM, WRAP
- Compile and where requested submit, in a timely manner, weekly records in compliance with company procedures and QA system
- Monitor and direct that subcontractors and direct workforce to ensure their works are to the contract requirements, with regards to quality and safety
- Promote a safe working ethos on site by having a thorough knowledge of the relevant Health, Safety & Environmental Regs
- Conduct site inductions for all personnel working on or visiting the site
- Produce, or ensure production by subcontractors, of all relevant risk assessments and method statements including: Emergency procedures, access & egress routes
- Ensure necessary COSHH assessments are provided by subcontractors or others
- Keep and maintain all records, reports and registers in accordance with company policy
- Ensure welfare arrangements are installed and maintained to a good standard
- Carry out a daily site inspection of site operations, to satisfy they are being carried out within Regulatory standards and that all operatives are utilising PPE appropriate for the work activity being undertaken
General Obligations to the Company:
- Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with key employees and work colleagues
- Promote the best interests of the Company and conduct duties in a courteous and professional way when dealing with clients, their professional teams, industry contacts and the public
- Attend all designated induction, instruction and training sessions
- Keep aware of current relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice and Company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and tidy workspace and observe all safety requirements including the wearing of PPE as required at the place of work
- Promptly report to your manager any issue which could adversely affect personnel or the Company
- Implement as requested any improvements to working procedures that will enhance the efficiency, safety or quality of the Company’s operations.
All employees must ensure that they comply with all company Health & Safety rules & procedures; this includes all documented company policies.
Priestley Construction Ltd requires all employees fully co-operate with their colleagues & support the performance of their duties. This will then ensure a positive image is portrayed of Priestley Construction Ltd.